6. Pupil and Parent Support Worker
Parent Support Worker: Mrs Lynne Rogers
Lynne Rodgers can support you in a number of ways, which can be requested by yourselves or sometimes we may approach you to see if we can be of support. Some of the ways we can support you is:
• Home visits prior to children starting Reception if desired.
• Supporting parents of children with additional support needs.
• Counselling-personal difficulties or concerns about a family member.
• Difficulties in managing children’s behaviour.
• Help accessing appropriate support services.
As well as offering individual support to families, Lynne can help access courses in a variety of subjects within the local community including: signposting and accompanying parents/carers to various services, adult literacy and numeracy classes, parenting classes, play sessions during school holidays, stress management, self-esteem building, and more.
All conversations are confidential. The only time information cannot be treated as confidential is if Child Protection issues are raised.